The University grants permits and makes parking lot assignments based upon a salary classification system.
Any parking permit issued by Yale University must be displayed. Should you drive another vehicle without a permit, it is your duty to inform the Parking Department.
The university’s parking fees cover only 65% of the cost to provide it. Why does parking cost so much? Click here to find out.
- How much does it cost?
- How do I apply for (or cancel) parking?
- Where can I park?
- What are the regulations?
On workdays, the lots are reserved for permittees from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. During non-working hours, most lots are open to all vehicles from 4:00 PM to 7:30 AM weekdays, and all day and night over the weekend. Exceptions to this policy are noted on lot signs.
To obtain permits and/or passes for parking at the University, application must be made to the Parking Office in person or by mail/fax. The application form is online here. The Yale Parking office is located at 221 Whitney Avenue and is open between the hours of 8:00 AM and 2:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Unless you know that you will park your car on campus every day, you might get more value from purchasing daily debit parking permits.
To Purchase Debit Parking Permits for $8-$10 per day
- Call the Parking Office at (203) 432-9790 / (203) 785-6456 and ask to purchase debit parking.
- Staff will help you determine which available lot is most convenient for you. If you are giving up a monthly permit and have a lot assignment that you would like to keep, that can be accommodated in most cases.
- Use a credit card number to purchase the number of days you need.
- Total number of days will be loaded onto your Yale ID card. Swipe the card at parking lot access pads for entry.
- To refill your card, simply call again
Daily parking gives you the flexibility to make more choices about how you commute to campus each day.
Parking at the Yale School of Medicine
Surface lots and parking garages throughout the medical campus are available for all staff members. Fees are based on salary. Space allocation is based on staff function, space availability, and seniority. All lots and garages are monitored by security personnel, and some also include cameras and restricted access. Map of the Medical Campus.
By individual arrangement, we offer group parking for single and multi day events. If you will be hosting meetings, conferences, daily training sessions, please call us to pre-arrange parking for your guests.
Yale Departments are welcome to use any charter bus service that meets their needs.
Bicycles may be parked only in areas specifically designated for bicycle parking.View more information.
Motorized two-wheeled vehicles
Motorized two-wheeled vehicles may park free in unlined corners of ungated parking lots. No Motorcycle parking is allowed in gated lots and garages.