"Just a heartfelt thank you for getting me home... I rideshare and when I was notified that my home alarm had gone off... I called the taxi and it was waiting for me in 5 minutes. I could not have gotten to my own car that quickly! I was home in a few minutes and did not have to pay for the taxi. Katherine R.
*Shore Line East - Shore Line East riders receive their GRH benefit through CT rides. Call 1-877-287-4337 for service.
For carpool and vanpool participants
Upon successful registration, your carpool or vanpool will automatically receive 6 free one-day parking stays per month to be shared among all passengers.
For transit riders
- Monthly pass holders qualify for 3 free daily parking stays per month.
- 10-ride pass holders qualify for 1 free daily parking stay per month.
Complete this form and fax to the Parking Office at 203-432-9796 to have your parking stays loaded onto your Yale ID card. Once you have registered, you will need to prove your continued transit use each year in January and July. Simply resubmit the form with a copy of that month's transit pass (or receipt) attached, to ensure that you still qualify.
For questions, including free parking permits for vanpool participants, please contact the Parking Office at 203-432-9790.
- During office hours, participants can call the Parking and Transit Office (203-432-9790) who will then arrange and authorize a free ride home from a local taxi company.
- After office hours, participants should call the taxi company directly and pay for trip using personal funds. Participant should then submit the taxi receipt to the Parking Office for reimbursement via petty cash voucher.
Guidelines for Guaranteed Ride Home Program
When can I use a Guaranteed Ride Home?
- Illness or crisis of the participant or that of a family member
- Unexpected request of supervisor to work past regular schedule without advance notice
- Driver of carpool or vanpool had to leave due to an emergency, leaving you without a ride home
The Guaranteed Ride Home is not meant for:
- Personal errands, pre-planned medical appointments
- Work-related travel
- Working late without manager's request
- Early departures due to weather conditions
- Home or other destination related to the emergency
- Public transportation point
- A hospital or doctor's office in the event of sudden illness
221 Whitney Avenue
P.O. Box 208316
New Haven, CT 06520-8316