The Connecticut Department of Transportation today announced activities related to roadway construction are expected to cause significant traffic delays in and around New Haven from Thursday, September 24 through Monday, September 28, 2015.
Please plan ahead and use alternate routes to arrive safely at your destination.
Motorists traveling on I-95 Southbound should expect a new alignment of all lanes going over the new southbound Pearl Harbor Memorial (Q) Bridge beginning Monday, September 28, 2015.
- Woodward Avenue on-ramp to I-95 Southbound map
- Closure and detour is scheduled to occur between 6 p.m. September 24 and 6 a.m. September 28, 2015.
Local law enforcement will be present in designated intersections to assist commuter traffic.
I-95 Southbound off-ramp to Route 34 Westbound (Exit 47) map:
- Closure and detour is scheduled to occur between 9 p.m. September 25 and 6 a.m September 28, 2015.
I-95 Southbound off-ramp to I-91 Northbound (Exit 48):
- Closure and detour is scheduled to occur between the hours of 9 p.m September 25 and 6 a.m. September 26, 2015.
- 6 a.m. September 26 to 6 a.m. September 28, 2015 the exit will be relocated approximately one mile north in the Woodward Avenue area.
- 6 a.m. September 28, 2015 the exit location will open in its final alignment and the exit will return to the west end of the Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge.
I-91 Northbound off-ramp to Hamilton Street (Exit 2)
- Closure and detour is scheduled to occur between the hours of 9 p.m. September 25 and 6 a.m. Saturday, September 26, 2015.
- Lane closures on I-95 Southbound will occur throughout the weekend to facilitate roadway construction. I-95 Southbound will be reduced to one lane between the Woodward Avenue on-ramp and the off-ramp to Long Wharf Drive (Exit 46) during the following periods:
- 9 PM Friday, September 25 to 8 a.m. Saturday, September 26, 2015
- 9 PM Saturday, September 26 to 8 a.m. Sunday, September 27, 2015
- 9 PM Sunday, September 27 to 6 a.m. Monday, September 28, 2015
FOR ADDITIONAL INFO
For detour routes, alternate routes, before/after visualizations, and traffic shift visualization videos please visit www.i95newhaven.com
PLEASE BE ADVISED
Construction vehicles will be entering and exiting the work zone along I-95 Southbound throughout the weekend, including daytime hours.
Signs will be posted to help guide you.
Work will occur weather permitting and will be rescheduled as necessary. In case of cancellation due to inclement weather, work will be rescheduled to the weekend of Thursday, October 1 through Monday, October 5, 2015.