The City of New Haven, along with regional, state, and federal partners, has launched Move New Haven, a comprehensive study focused on developing and evaluating actions to improve the Greater New Haven region’s transit system. This sixteen-month project will consists of two phases: the first phase will consist of public input, stakeholder coordination, and data collection, and the second will define alternatives and recommendations for future planning and investment. The major goals of the study include:
- Better connecting people with jobs, educational institutions and communities;
- Responding to new developments and changing travel choices;
- Increasing CTTransit ridership, including choice riders;
- Enhancing accessibility to destinations outside the downtown core;
- Transforming the public transit network with a broader range of service types; and,
- Capturing the possibilities of the next generation of public transit.
Whether you live, work, or study in the New Haven area, share your feedback on how you commute and travel.
- Submit a comment
- Take the online survey
- Attend an event
Learn more about the study here.
Photo credit: Andrew Sandweiss